26 things you need to know about our friend James McLoughlin of Green Press…
1. What’s the best advice you have ever received? Stop and be grateful.
2. 6 things that make you smile? When my partner, Lindsay, makes fun of me, hanging out with family and friends, Brisbane Lions winning games of football, rewarding myself with food after going to the gym, putting my feet up after a productive day and an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
3. I love to cook… Grass fed steak medium rare and gently steamed vegetables. Nothing worse than overcooking high quality ingredients so the timing is a challenging art.
4. A proud moment in my life was when… I graduated Uni. That Bachelor of Commerce was a battle.
5. Favourite thing to do on a Sunday? Sleep in, exercise, and enjoy a big brunch with Lindsay.
6. Best meal you’ve ever had…Favourite meal is definitely a big holiday celebration with the family but Peter Luger in Brooklyn is the single most memorable eating experience I’ve had.
7. Favourite subject in school? Golf. We actually had that as an elective in Year 10; brilliant!
8. I can’t stop listening to… 90s hip hop. Forever.
9. Saturday night out or Saturday night in? In. Small business ownership will change anyone’s social habits.
10. Success means… Taking more holidays than the 9-5 office career could have provided.
11. 2 things that make me cry… Cutting onions and any chick flick.
12. What is normal? The day to day routine. Probably need to introduce some chaos.
13. Vegemite makes me want to? Create a similarly iconic product that divides the nation.
14. I cant live without my… Phone. It’s a sick obsession shared by everyone.
15. Seinfeld or Friends? Seinfeld. Friends is like the Vitamix, GROSSLY overrated.
16. Where do you go to relax? Anywhere warm, preferably an international destination that I’ve never been to.
17. If you were a vegetable you would be a… Broccoli. Resilient, versatile and good to be around.
18. Who do you want to be when you grow up? The best version of myself; more learned, more appreciative, more ‘in-the-moment’.
19. I’ll have a one way ticket to… Nicaragua. Live the cerveza life up and down Central/South America.
20. What did you eat last night? Homecooked grilled Atlantic salmon with a commandeered Green Press salad.
21. Last movie you watched… May I Be Frank. Highly recommend it. Follows a raw food health transformation that goes a lot deeper than just diet.
22. Favourite market place is… Chinatown, Manhattan. More bags of vegetables than you can carry for less than $20. Our recipe development began there in 2010/11.
23. Don’t mess with me when… I haven’t slept. I’m like an infant.
24. 6 things I love about Melbourne Football, Spring Carnival, Australian Open, Coffee, Green Press and Portsea
25. I just learnt… That meditation and generosity is the secret to happiness. Only one way to find out…
26. One word to describe you? Determined
Want to know more about this local talent, read our interview with James or visit the Green Press team at Shop 7/525 Little Collins St, Melbourne.