The soles of your feet reflect the health of your mind, body and spirit.
Do you feel stressed, tired and a little run down? Your feet will reflect this. Are your toes squashed, bent, or turning in on themselves? Is the ball of the foot red and puffy? Is the instep pale, or the heels cracked and calloused? All of these things indications that your body is trying to tell you something about your emotional state. These emotional states of imbalance, if not addressed can have a “toxic” impact on your physical health. So the best way to “detox your body, is to start with the mind.
Detox the mind, body & soul:
- Take a foot bath and add your favourite essential oils. Place a few marbles in the foot bowl to roll the soles of your feet over them.
- Swim in the sea or bath in fresh water streams. As you walk over the smooth rocks or sandy beach, the reflex points will be stimulated, assisting with circulation, relieving stress and tension and assist balance.
Rest Take advantage of lazy summer days and get plenty of rest.
- Lay in a day bed. Swing on a hammock, laze under a tree and watch the clouds transform.
- Watch the clouds transform.
- Appreciate being in the moment.
Meditate Set aside 10 minutes each morning to reconnect connect with the Divine.
- Find or create a sacred space that brings you a sense of peace.
- Sit or lie down, close your eyes and imagine yourself drawing in golden light from above.
- With every in-breath, breathe in this light. As you do so, imagine it washing over your body.
- With every out breath releasing any tension, fear doubt or pain. Continue this breathing exercise as you imagine every, gland, organ and body part being washed with golden light.Then imagine this light streaming from the divine above, drawing down thru your body, out thru the soles of your feet to the sacred Earth energy. Then draw this energy back up to your heart centre.
- Then imagine this light streaming from the divine above, drawing down thru your body, out thru the soles of your feet to the sacred Earth energy. Then draw this energy back up to your heart centre.
Take a photo of your feet today, and then take a photo after 2 weeks of completing the above rituals…physically see your body respond to a little nurturing of the soul.
Article by Lyn Fava
Head over to Feel + Mind to find our tips to Staying healthy during the Holiday Season.
How do you stay healthy over the holidays? Tell us your secret tips by leaving a comment below.