I’ve had many people say to me they are lost for ideas when it comes to healthy snacks. They either end up eating nothing….or grabbing something that makes them feel guilty, unsatisfied and inevitably hungrier. Problem solved!!! Here are a few fun, satisfying and most importantly EASY snack ideas that will keep you powering on through your day.
If you want the complete range of snack recipes, email a request, I’d be more than happy to share them with you…
Fill Me Up I’m Hangry: Fancy Rice Cakes
- Nut butter (almond, macadamia, peanut) with banana cocoa nibs and cinnamon
- Almond butter with strawberries and coconut
- Peanut butter, blueberries dash of nutmeg or cinnamon
- Vegemite and avocado
- Cottage cheese, Himalayan salt, lemon, parsley, dill ( Cottage cheese is a great source of calcium and protein for the body. It also has a very low-fat content compared to other cheese)
- Hummus, avocado and dukkha
- Tahini, avocado, toasted mixed seeds
Munch Away: Spiced Chickpeas
- Place one can of chickpeas on a baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for around 10 minutes until excess water has evaporated.
- Remove from oven and place chickpeas in a mixing bowl
- Cover with 1 Tbsp. of your favourite oil and any spices to taste (e.g. cumin, turmeric, cayenne, smokey paprika, black pepper, Himalayan salt, curry powder, soy, lime, sesame)
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 30 mins at 180 degrees or until hard and crispy.
I’m Feeling Naughty: Raw banana split
- Cut banana in half length ways
- Spread with 1 Tbsp. of nut butter
- Place one scoop of coconut yoghurt or coconut ice cream in the middle
- Garnish with coconut flakes, cinnamon, cocoa nibs, extra nuts and a cherry if you desire.
Enjoy, snacks may just become your favourite meal of the day!
Article by Lauren Roberts
As a yoga instructor and someone who is passionate about health and wellbeing, Lauren is happily blogging about the things in life she loves. Through her creative writing, she aims to help people nourish and care for their body and mind. A true foodie at heart Lauren is often found at the latest cafe hot spots critiquing the food, or in the kitchen creating a new recipe.