We had a simple Vegan Brownie recipe and we wanted to add some sparkle! Naturally, we started with Peanut Butter and thought to invite his American mate, Jelly. With organic strawberries not in season we wanted to create out own Jelly/Jam out of Chia.
Vegan / Gluten Free / Sugar-Free
Date Paste – 3 Cups (Blend 2 Cups Dates with 1 Cup Water)
Mixed Berries – 3 Cups (Fresh or Frozen)
Water – 4 Cups
Making your jelly…
- Blend everything together.
- Then place in a container and stir 250grams of dry Chia Seeds through your mixture.
- Allow to soak for three hours.
Walnuts – 3 Cups
Raw Cacao – 1/2 Cup
Pitted Dates – 1.5 Cups (soak in a little water so you don’t fuck up your blender)
What to do next….
- Line a brownie tray with baking paper
- Blitz walnuts in a food processor until finely ground
- Add cacao and process again
- With the motor going add the dates one at a time through the shoot, process until all combined
- Press the mixture firmly into the line pan using a spatual to smooth the mixture
- Put in the fridge for an hour to firm up
- Remove from fridge and spread peanut butter on top. Set in fridge for further 15-20 min.
- Spread chia jam on top. Set in the fridge for about 20-25mins.
- Slice and serve
Article by James Mcloughlin – Green Press
Where can you get your hands on some delicious Green Press goodies?
Head in to see James and the awesome team at Green Press! Location: Shop 7/525 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC
Interested in doing a juice cleanse or need to order big for your business, place your order on-line now.