26 things about Uppma Virdi owner of Chai Walli…
1. What’s the best advice you have ever received?
In vain have you acquired knowledge if you have not imparted it to others. – Deuteronomy Rabbah
2. 6 things that make you smile?
- Making others smile
3. I love to cook…Everything
4. A proud moment in my life was when…
When I realised that I have the answers to my questions
5. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday?
Drink chai with my family over old family stories while listening to vintage Indian tunes
6. Best meal you’ve ever had…I was staying with my friend’s family in Sienna (Italy) who lived on a winery. Discussing and making meals was the most important part of our day. One night they made me an 8-course meal with fresh produce sourced locally and from their farm. Each meal was matched with local wines. Clean, fresh, minimal, handmade and locally sourced; I was in heaven.
7. Favorite subject in school?
Physics (weird, I know)
8. I can’t stop listening to…My friends band called Bombay Royale!
9. Saturday night out or Saturday night in?
10. Success means…Being able to spread goodness and develop myself every single day so that one day when I look back on my footprints, I can be proud of every step I took.
11. 2 things that make me cry…The wonders and tragedies of mother nature and the kindness and generosity of people
12. What is normal?
I wouldn’t have a clue (Laughs)
13. Vegemite makes me want to?
Put it away in a far away place
14. I can’t live without my…Notebook and chai
15. Seinfeld or Friends?
16. Where do you go to relax?
I go within
17. If you were a vegetable you would be a…Cucumber! Cooling, relaxed, juicy and yummy
18. Who do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be someone that my future kids can look up to and say “yeah, that’s my Mumma right there”.
19. I’ll have a one-way ticket to…India
20. What did you eat last night?
Takeaway Thai while watching the summer solstice sunset at Black Rock
21. Last movie you watched…Hundred-Foot Journey
22. Favorite marketplace is…I recently was a part of the Makers Market. We were a group of local Melbourne Makers who got together to sell our handmade artisan products at Kinfolk café for people shopping for Christmas gifts. It was a market for people to meet the maker and shop local, support local and gift local for Christmas.
23. Don’t mess with me when…I’m blending chai
24. 6 things I love about Melbourne
25. I just learnt…How to use Freelancer.com!
26. One word to describe you?
#highonchai (do hashtags count as one word? Haha)