26 things about Ambika Chadwick- Owner of The Yoga Social
1. What’s the best advice you have ever received? Just be You!
2. 6 things that make you smile? Cats, live music, cups of tea, children, Yoga, dancing
3. I love to cook… I am hardly ever in the kitchen, my partner Cera is the cook of the household, I am the cleaner and this agreement is perfect!
4. A proud moment in my life was when… I opened The Yoga Social
5. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday? Breakfast with my partner Cera at Krimper Cafe
6. Best meal you’ve ever had… Oh dear! this is tough…When I was living in Japan I went to a ‘shojin Ryori’ place in Tokyo, which was amazing. All the food was traditional vegetarian. We had our own private wood hut set amongst a garden with a Koi pond. What they could do with silken tofu was amazing. Delicious.
7. Favorite subject in school? Drama
8. I can’t stop listening to… Wild Flag (all girl rock band from USA)
9. Saturday night out or Saturday night in? Saturday night in. Usually exhausted but happy.
10. Success means…. To be in a situation where you are content and happy without the ‘need’ or ‘desire’ for more. This, to me, is success. You can be successful in your career, relationships, or a project you’ve been working on if you stop attaching to the idea that it needs to be better. We call this Santosha in Yoga. Contentment.
11. 2 things that make me cry… cruelty to animals and violence in countries so horrific that people need to flee on a boat to another country only to be ‘detained’ by that country behind walls no different to a prison.
12. What is normal? I have absolutely no idea.
13. Vegemite makes me want to? Reminisce.
14. I can’t live without my… ‘me time’
15. Seinfeld or Friends? Seinfeld
16. Where do you go to relax? within
17. If you were a vegetable you would be a… Broccoli – Strong foundations, but fluffy and soft around the outside.
18. Who do you want to be when you grow up? In another life, a vet.
19. I’ll have a one way ticket to… nowhere because I love my life here in Melbourne too much to leave. A return ticket to New York would be awesome.
20. What did you eat last night? That’s funny as my partner and I only finished at TYS at about 8.15 and we were starving, Cera usually cooks but I had asked her to help me on reception, so there was no dinner waiting for us at home, we walked passed a grilled but it was closed for a xmas party, we then were going to line up for Ramen, then we thought stuff it, we’ll eat at home. At about 9.30, we ate tofu and vegetables (broccoli and sweet potato). Very basic, but better than a grilled burger!
21. Last movie you watched… Lucy (Directed by Luc Besson who is my favorite director) and it was wonderful.
22. Favorite marketplace is… Anywhere loud, local and community-based.
23. Don’t mess with me when… I’m hungry
24. 6 things I love about Melbourne…
Brother Baba Budan
All of the lanes,
The art scene,
The music community,
Alpha 60 fashion label.
25. I just learnt… A cool Chinese way of multiplying.
26. One word to describe you? Compassionate