26 things about Katie – Owner of Glutenfree Lance
1. What’s the best advice you have ever received?
My mum has always said to me ‘something positive always come out of something negative.” A powerful way to view and feel things that occur and happen throughout life
2. 6 things that make you smile?
My fiance, yoga, my friends, a cup of tea of the couch after a long day with some trash TV, the ocean, planning my wedding
3. I love to cook…Sweet potato chips! Errrrdayyyyy
4. A proud moment in my life was when…My nieces and nephews were born and when my man proposed to me on the beach in Malaysia. And I have to mention when Jodhi Meares started following me on Instagram, shes my girl crush!
5. Favorite thing to do on a Sunday?
OH I love Sundays as it is my only day off for the whole week! Some things I love to do, is yoga, sleep in, go out for breakfast, see my family, visit markets, watch films or doco’s, lounge at home in big tee’s and no bra, and endless cups of tea….just a few of my favourite things.
6. Best meal you’ve ever had…That is a tough one! My answer would have been much different a few years ago..It is pretty hard to beat my mums veggie soup and I am pretty easily pleased with foods Yong Green Foods makes delicious vegan food I LOVE their dragon bowl and raw vegan cheesecakes. The vegan burrito’s at Veggie Bar are off the hook too! Back when I use to eat seafood there was an AMAZING meal I had in LA that was tempura wasabi prawns….ekk! How times had changed
7. Favorite subject in school? Media and Arts
8. I can’t stop listening to…Four five seconds.. Paul McCartney, Kanye West and Rihanna I ALWAYS listen to Beyonce in my car too and Stevie Wonder.
9. Saturday night out or Saturday night in?
I have a big family so there are often things on to celebrate and I love a boogie and night out when the time is right. I would pick a night home curled up on the couch with some organic popcorn, ugg boots and popcorn every time though really….who am I kidding!
10. Success means…Being content with yourself, your surrounds and your beliefs. Staying true and measuring your success by what drives you not what by others think of you. My fiance shared a cool quote with me the other day which is SO true he said- “The key to happiness is having someone to love, something to do and something to hope for. ”
11. 2 things that make me cry…Music and movies
12. What is normal?
A word I cannot define!
13. Vegemite makes me want to?
Forget that it is FULL of yeast and salt and also gluten as much as I really do love it. I was a vegemite kid for sure. No more.
14. I can’t live without my…Nutribullet!
15. Seinfeld or Friends? Friends
16. Where do you go to relax?
Yoga studio, or my comfy couch
17. If you were a vegetable you would be…KALE so I have been told. That is my nickname at work
18. Who do you want to be when you grow up? Beyonce!
19. I’ll have a one way ticket to…L.A!
20. What did you eat last night?
A snacked a bit later in the afternoon as we had our parents over so for dinner it was a HUGE green salad with kale sauerkraut, avocado and a yummy chickpea, sweet potato pattie.
21. Last movie you watched…Whiplash
22. Favorite marketplace is… South Melbourne Market and Byron Bay farmers market, I lived there for a year and really miss that ritual.
23. Don’t mess with me when…I am hormonal or hungry.
24. 6 things I love about Melbourne…
The coffee, community, yoga, the restaurants, moonlight cinemas, people of all walks of life.
25. I just learnt…Home to make my own coconut milk scrub!
26. One word to describe you? Open
Head over to People + Profiles to read Katies conversation with Twosixmag!