Although turmeric is a great spice to add into your diet all year round, the cooler months are an especially good time as turmeric is a strong disease fighter. Here are some other health benefits…
- Supports antioxidant protection against free radicals
- Helps promote healthy skin
- Supports your overall eye health
- Provides immune system support
- Aids your skeletal system and joint health
- Encourages healthy liver function
- Helps maintain healthy cells with support against free radicals
- Balances the health of your digestive system
- Aids in support of healthy blood and circulatory system
- Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels to support your cardiovascular system
- Assists your neurological system’s healthy response to stress
*Make sure you’re buying and consuming a top quality, organic turmeric powder or fresh turmeric root. Grocery store spices are typically low quality and contain other questionable ingredients.
Spiced Cashew Turmeric Milk:
This milk is great to drink on it’s own, warmed up as a delicious winter’s night beverage or added to smoothies. Below is the original milk recipe + my fav green smoothie recipe to make with it.
1 cup cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours)
3 cups filtered water
2 medjool dates (pitted)
1 tablespoon raw honey
½ teaspoon turmeric
¼ tsp ginger powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
– Rinse and drain cashews and then add to a blender along with all other ingredients.
– Blend until smooth. Store in bottle in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Mango Turmeric Green Smoothie:
1 cup spiced cashew turmeric milk
½ banana (use frozen for a creamier smoothie)
Handful of spinach
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
– Blend all ingredients until smooth. Drink immediately.
Article by Kavisha, Food & Wellness Coach
Head over to Taste + Wellbeing for more delicious healthy recipes!