This is a mini – condensed version of my sesame caramel tart. Easier to make & fun size… so means you can eat more without feeling guilty hehe. I have used gelatin in this recipe, which has great healing properties for your gut! Even more, reason to smash these bad boys down.
Simple Tip: Also for a candida-friendly option just substitute for xylitol.
MAKES 6 MINI TARTS
INGREDIENTS | BASE LAYER
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup buckwheat kernels
- ½ cup tahini
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons gelatin – 1.5 Teaspoons vanilla powder
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
INGREDIENTS | RAW CACAO LAYER
- 7 Heaped tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons rice malt (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder
1. In a food processor – pulse the almonds, hazelnuts & buckwheat until they are broken into smaller pieces.
2. In a saucepan, add the tahini, rice malt, gelatin & coconut milk. Stir until smooth & combined. Add in your nuts & seeds – stir until combined.
3. Press mixture into silicone muffin trays & place in the fridge to set.
4. In a saucepan, heat your raw cacao ingredients. Stir until smooth.
5. Remove silicone tray from freezer & pour raw cacao mixture over each one. Return to fridge to set.
Note: Some crazy reaction occurs when the cacao & the gelatin layer meet – so the top will have some marbling effect.
Recipe by Shani Timms
Shani Timms from Keep it Simple Shani is an avid health enthusiast on a mission to share her love for cooking & creating healthy recipes with the world. For 6 years she has been suffering from issues with her gut: everything from food intolerances, Candida, IBS, Leaky gut and Parasites. About a year ago, she decided to take matters into her own hands and make health her number one priority. Her health journey has taught her many valuable lessons and has inspired her to educate others and empower them with the information they need to make healthier life choices. Shani is on a mission to prove that eating healthy does not have to be boring!