I always exercise on an empty stomach or 2 hours after eating a main meal so this Coconut Kale Protein Smoothie is great to have after a workout to refuel or first thing in the morning as a part of your breakfast. It is thick, flavoursome and incorporates a subtle sweetness from the dates.
Dairy-free | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1 & 1/2 x cup coconut milk (or other nut milk)
- A couple of Medjool dates
- 1 x tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 x tbs protein powder
- A few bunches of chopped kale
- 1 – 3 frozen bananas
- Chia seeds
- Physillium husk
- Coconut flakes
- Place all ingredients into your blender and blitz.
- For a thinner consistency, add more milk or coconut water and blitz again.
- If it needs, strain through a thin sieve into a jar or drinking container of choice.
- Enjoy as an added extra to your favourite meal.
Serves 1 ltr of smoothie
Recipe by Ashleigh Jade
TWOSIX yoga teacher Ashleigh was originally attracted to yoga just four years ago as a way to soothe a stressed mind through a mental and physical practice whilst working in a corporate environment for an international fashion retailer.
Ashleigh decided to dive deeper into the yoga realm by completing her 200hr Yoga Teacher Training with Power Living Australia in 2015 and further studies later that year in Meditation and Reiki. Through her teaching, she realised that it was the deep connection with people that she missed and made the decision to leave the corporate world to devote her time to the yoga world.
She decided to blog to unleash her creative juices and to be able to share the things she loves doing through living a healthier and more positive lifestyle.