Delicious Sticky Date Banana Cake – Vegan + Refined Sugar Free
3 large ripe bananas, peeled
1 cup pitted Medjool dates
2 cups rolled oats
3 tbs chia powder* mixed with 9 tbs water
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
*Chia seed powder is chia seeds ground up or blended into powder form
1. Preheat oven to 220C & lightly oil a large rectangle or square cake tin.
2. Place peeled bananas, dates, chia, coconut oil, & vanilla into a blender & blend until smooth & creamy.
3. Add cinnamon & baking powder and blend. Then add oats, 1/2 cup at a time, blending until smooth.
4. Pour into cake tin & bake for ~20minutes or until knife comes out clean. Don’t overlook as it should remain gooey on the inside.
5. Remove & place on rack to cool. Enjoy.
Rebecca Gawthorne – Dietitian & Nutritionist (APD, AN, DAA)
Rebecca is an Accredited Practising Dietitian, Accredited Nutritionist, Wellness Coach, Freelance Nutritionist & owner of Rebecca Gawthorne – Dietitian & Nutritionist; a private Dietetic Consultancy in Sydney, Australia. She also own the popular, vibrant and healthy Instagram @nourish_naturally which has over 90K followers.