1 large sweet potato (peeled, steamed and mashed well)
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup real maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
2 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Prepare the sweet potato (peel + steam + mash)
- Add mashed sweet potato, eggs, coconut oil, maple, vanilla into a bowl and mix until well combined
- Add in the raw cacao, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt and mix until well combined
- Pour the mixture evenly into a square tin lined with baking paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into squares.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Article by Kavisha Jega
Holding a Masters degree in Wellness, Kavisha works to promote optimal health and well-being by teaching people how to move away from processed foods and towards a more nourishing whole foods diet. Her educational seminars and cooking workshops draw on her knowledge of whole food cooking and passion for wellness to show everyday people that healthy eating can be easy and attainable. A lover of all things food and travel, Kavisha also has a wellness travel practice, which focuses on connecting health savvy travellers with good food by showcasing local, organic and whole food experiences all over the world.