Mealtime in the Twosix households can be a little crazy. Being working Mums with young and hungry bubbas it pays to make sure we’re organised. These Quinoa Fritters are a healthy go-to, are super easy to whip up and simple to re-heat. We cook them in bulk and freeze them so we always know there is a nutritious snack at arms reach – plus there are so many delicious ways to mix them up and keep it interesting!
Makes 4 / 6
What you need
- 1/2 cup (100g) quinoa ( you can leave this out if you don’t have any quinoa)
- 100g / ¾ cup plain or all purpose flour or Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg
- 100ml / ½ cup milk
- 200g / 1 and ¾ cups frozen sweetcorn and peas ( or grated Zucchini)
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for the pan
Cheese optional – we like to put a little parmesan
For serving – if you have time add smashed Avocado
How to cook
- Place ½ cup of quinoa and 1 cup water in a small saucepan over high heat, then cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Cool.
- Beat the eggs, milk and flour with the cooked quinoa together (makes sure the quinoa is cooled) then throw in the chopped spring onion, sweetcorn, peas (or any other veggie) and salt and pepper and cheese if you like. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. In batches cook the patties for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and crisp. We like to use a tablespoon to measure out the mixture and place into the saucepan.
Serve & eat