We know most of you LOVE your bread and its hard to grasp the idea of cutting back on your favourite sourdough…However making a conscious choice to cut down the amount of wheat you’re eating per day will see your digestion and over all body function improve. Plus we have the perfect alternative!
This Zucchini, Pumpkin and Rosemary loaf from local foodies Tucker Street is easy to make and can be enjoyed for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner and serves as the perfect snack!
What you need:
- 230 g (2 cups) grated pumpkin
- 135 g (1 cup) grated zucchini
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 300 g (3 cups) almond meal or a mix it with coconut and hazelnut meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Unhulled tahini, to serve
- raw honey, to serve
- extra ground nutmeg, to serve
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the pumpkin, zucchini, eggs and macadamia oil in a large mixing bowl and mix well (it should look like a sticky mess)
- Add the almond meal (or your own mix) , baking powder, salt and ground nutmeg and mix until there are no lumps of almond meal.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin, sprinkle the top with pumpkin seeds and place in the oven.
- Now this one takes a while to bake, so after 1 hour, insert a skewer in the middle to see if it’s still gooey. If it doesn’t come out clean, the loaf may need another 15–25 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. While still warm, cut two slices, spread them with a little tahini, top with a drizzle of raw honey and a tiny pinch of nutmeg, and eat!
Added tips from Tucker Street…
Add a sprig of chopped rosemary to the mixture and decorate the top of the loaf with any remaining rosemary
Add 2 cups of grated zucchini instead of the one cup
Add a little more salt to the mixture if you want the loaf to be savoury
This loaf has the most wonderful flavours and is great for the whole family. Serve it to your kids as a snack with some peanut butter or honey. It’s a great breakfast on the go when rushing to work and will always put you in a good mood!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free