The other day I saw that I Quit Sugar had an Anti-Inflammatory Hot Chocolate and it looked amazing! I wondered whether adding some raw cacao powder to my Turmeric Golden Latte would taste any good. So, I decided to make one and see.
WOW!! It was so so good! I ended up making two more that day. Whoops! My Turmeric Hot Chocolate is one delicious drink and it is super healthy too.
Turmeric has amazing anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and gastrointestinal health benefits, largely due to curcumin, which is an antioxidant. I also added ginger, cinnamon and black pepper essential oils which give it such an amazing taste.
Ginger oil is great for supporting gut health and Cinnamon oil supports a healthy metabolic function as well as maintaining a healthy immune system. Black pepper oil is known for its ability to help ward off the environmental and seasonal threat. And finally, raw cacao powder is a very high source of iron, is packed full of magnesium and is a natural mood elevator.
The Recipe | Serves 1
- 250 grams/1 cup almond milk
- 1 heaped tsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 toothpick cinnamon essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 toothpick ginger essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 toothpick black pepper essential oil (or 1/4 tsp ground black pepper)
- 1 tsp stevia (or your favourite sweetener, add more if needed)
- Heat the almond in a small saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until just warmed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until frothy.
Note: If you are using essential oils, you can add more than 1 toothpick of the cinnamon and ginger oils. Just adjust to suit your preferences.
Recipe by – Vanessa Vickery
Vanessa Vickery is a qualified holistic nutritionist, wellness coach, healthy foodie, essential oil advocate and mother of two young children. She is passionate about helping women and their families achieve a healthier, happier and more fulfilling life.
Vanessa created Becomingness in 2014 to give women and their families wellness information and inspiration and her healthy recipes have helped thousands of families create delicious meals and desserts that work with their dietary allergies and intolerances.
Vanessa’s recipes have been featured by sites like Mind Body Green, Primal Palate, Mind Body Spirit Festival, ThermoHub and Yum. Gluten Free.