6 reasons to eat ‘the king of fruits’…
1. Mangos contain cancer-fighting antioxidant compounds.
2. They do wonders for your skin and can be used externally for the skin to clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples.
3. They are high in the antioxidant and immune-boosting Vitamin C.
4. A cup of sliced mango a day will help promote good eyesight.
5. Mangoes provide more beta-carotene than any other fruit and are a rich source of fibre and potassium. (The human body converts beta-carotene into vitamin A)
6. Mangos are low GI, so most of their energy comes from carbohydrates which is absorbed slowly into the body, helping maintain healthy blood sugar levels, and keeping you satisfied for longer.
When are Mangos in season?
From late September to April
How to choose the right mango for you?
A ripened mango will have a tropical fruity aroma and will give slightly when you touch it.
Storing your mangos…
Keep an unripened mango in room temperature. When the mango is ripe; place it in the fridge for up to five days.
Applying mango to the skin…
Just blend the mango and apply gently to the face, leave for 15 minutes then rinse with a mild cleanser and warm water. Mangos contain beta-carotene, which is converted by your body to vitamin A. That and vitamin C are crucial to skin self-repair. How It Works, when left on the skin for a short period of time, the rich vitamins create a gentle exfoliation process by lifting dead cells from the skin’s surface.