We know it can be tough to regularly dedicate time to your mental health and wellbeing. This five-minute meditation is an immediate and powerful way to bring focus back within and to refresh the brain during those busy days.
[bs_col class=”col-sm-12″]1. Find a comfortable quiet space in the office (utilise a boardroom or lunch area during a quiet time)
2. Close your eyes and begin to create space in the body, start to soften the shoulders, then the face and belly.
3. Connect with your breath and notice the change in body as you begin to concentrate on your inhale and exhale.
4. create a constant rhythm with your breath, inhale for four counts and exhale completely for four counts.
5. As the thoughts come crashing in, acknowledge them, and then let them go…
6. observe the sounds, energy, people around you then let them all go.
7. Use your the breath to guide you and continue to centre on the rhythm.[/bs_col]
Stay for 5 minutes…Then gently and slowly open the eyes and take a deep stretch into the body. Namaste.
Controlled breathing can help guide the movement of the body and calm the mind, spending time on ‘you’ will encourage positive inner-energy, particularly when you find yourself completely surrendering to the breath. Remember, to stop throughout your busy days and connect with how you’re feeling in that instant – use those feelings to guide you into your next meditation.
Article by Bree Pagliuso
In 2014 i wiped my hands free from my corporate job in Finance and completed my yoga teacher training and jumped head first into www.twosixwellness.com.au dedicated to all things health and wellness, since launching our online magazine in 2013, we have been working to inspire everyday Australians to look after their health. But this is only one part of the Twosix brand. In 2015 We expanded our offering to corporate services, allowing us to actively help people achieve health & wellbeing goals while at work. the Twosix Workplace Wellbeing sessions cater to corporate individuals who are time-poor and seeking an improved work-life balance.